Album Review: Long Live The Angels by Emeli Sandé

November 18, 2016


In today's blog post, I'd like to draw your attention to an album I recently discovered on Spotify. I suppose most of you are still familiar with Emelie Sandé whose debut album was released in 2012. Our Vision of Events was as remarkable as it was inspiring. I remember Sandé's Read All About It (Part III) being played on radio stations all day long and I absolutely fell in love with it. Now, the Scottish singer and songwriter has come up with a new LP called Long Live The Angels. Its first single Hurts (released on 16th September '16) gave fans a first taste of what to expect from the new album and it throws you right into the arena.

Long Live The Angels is an emotional rollercoaster that takes you on a journey through love, hate, despair, sadness, hope and the unbreakable desire to live. What I find most striking about this soulful and incredibly touching collection of music is that - even though Long Live The Angels is above all a break-up album - Sandé writes lyrics that apply to every obstacle you may have to overcome in your life. No matter what crises you may have to face, I assure you that there is hope and guidance in these words. Long Life The Angels is an overall masterpiece 💖

In terms of sound, Sandé has stayed true to her roots in pop and soul music with a little bit of gospel, a choir and electronic vibes on top. Furthermore, her Zambian heritage is slightly more audible than it used to be. That being said, I'd like to take you with me on a musical journey that I enjoyed from end to end 🎶




So, what do you think about the album? As always - if you'd like to share your thoughts in the comments down below, I'd love to read from you 😉 I wish you all a wonderful day!


Love, Sarah


Disclaimer:
This blog claims no credit for any images used in this particular post. Those images are copyright to its respectful owners. If one of those images belongs to you and you do not wish for it to appear on this site, please E-mail to sarahschaedler2012@gmail.com and it will be promptly removed.

You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare

Subscribe

Search This Blog